(GF) Pan-Fried Pork Tenderloins or Chops Recipe
My delightful friends, Jade and James, invented this recipe using the Iron Chicken Kitchen Italian Seasoning Mix (which, by the way, makes a stellar Italian dressing—recipe is right on the package).
Jade is gluten-free, which is a situation lots of people find themselves in, and I asked her to forward the recipe to me so I could share it here. It’s below. AND there is a non-GF option in the notes if you want that version.
Also, if you’re one of the unluckies that can’t get my Italian Seasoning Mix, I guess you could use some other (more boring) version of it from the supermarket shelves…Jump to Recipe
Pan-Fried Pork Tenderloins or Chops (Gluten-Free)
- 4 pork tenderloins or pork chops
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill Cup for Cup is a great option)
- 1 tsp Iron Chicken Kitchen Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
- Place flour in a shallow dish large enough to accommodate one of the pork tenderloins or chops.
- Mix the Iron Chicken Kitchen Italian Seasoning Mix into the flour.
- Pour milk into in a shallow dish large enough to accommodate one of the pork tenderloins or chops.
- Pat tenderloins dry.
- Dip each tenderloin in milk and let excess drip off.
- Dredge each tenderloin in flour and shake off excess.
- Repeat the milk dip and flour dredge twice more for each tenderloin.
- Heat skillet over medium-high. Add olive oil until shimmering.
- Carefully place tenderloins into hot pan, leaving ample space around each one. Do not crowd the pan. Work in batches if your skillet is small.
- Fry tenderloins for 3–5 minutes on each side until crunchy and crusty and golden, repeating if necessary til internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.