Classic Wedge Salad Recipe
I’ve been ramping up to this post with a recipe for homemade mayonnaise and a how-to for a delicious blue cheese dressing. I hope you’re well practiced in those, because you can use them to achieve a stellar wedge salad all by your lonesome!
I made this for the first time recently; it’s a perfect summer salad and can be an entree or side salad.
I, of course, tweaked it a little, so read the recipe notes to find out some ways to tweak your own version. Enjoy this light yet filling and tasty summer wedge salad recipe!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup ripe cherry tomatoes
- blue cheese dressing
- 5 ounces bacon fried and crumbled
- blue cheese crumbles
- 1 bunch fresh chives chopped
- Cut lettuce into four wedges.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Place one wedge of lettuce on each of four plates, cut side up.
- Spoon dressing over the top of each.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Add halved tomatoes, some crumbled blue cheese, and chives to garnish.
- Serve chilled.